Integrate your web chat with a Zendesk service desk solution so that your assistant can hand conversations over to a live representatives within your Zendesk account.
To integration Moveo.AI with Zendesk you would need a Zendesk Chat account. Zendesk Chat is an add-on to Zendesk Support. Zendesk Support puts all your customer support interactions in one place, so communication is seamless, personal, and efficient, which means more productive agents and satisfied customers.
To connect Zendesk with Moveo, you need to have the Zendesk Chat Enterprise version.
Get info from Moveo
- Log in to your Moveo.AI account and click to Connect a new Zendesk integration
- Note down the Client Name, Company and Callback URL.
Create Zendesk agent
- Go to your Zendesk Chat account
- Create a new Agent and set the role to Administrator.
- This new Agent is the virtual assistant, so you can give an appropriate name that suits your business needs.
Get the authorization details
- Log in to Zendesk Chat using the Agent you just created.
- Go to Settings > Account > API & SDKs > Add API client.
- Provide the Client Name, Company and Callback URL you got from the info from Moveo.
- Click Create API client.
- Note down the Client ID and Client Secret.
- Note down the Subdomain of your zendesk integration. You can find you domain by inspecting the Zendesk URL. For example if the URL your Zendesk chat is
https://mycompany.zendesk.com/..., the subdomain is
Pass details to Moveo
- Go back to the Moveo.AI Zendesk integration.
- Copy the Client ID, Client Secret and Subdomain from the authorization details into the Authorize Zendesk section
- Click connect and follow the authorization prompt.
Activate and select tags
- After connecting your integration, set the status to active to start receiving messages.
- Optional: Select the tags you want the virtual assistant to engage. If you select no tags, the assistant will respond to all messages.
Configuration in Zendesk
When integrating Moveo with Zendesk, it is important to note that Moveo's AI capabilities will operate through Zendesk's Web Widget Classic, where chat interactions take place. This is different from using Zendesk's native answer bot, which is considered messaging through the Web Widget.
This distinction is important because when the Zendesk answer bot is handling a conversation, no ticket has been created in Zendesk and no agents are engaged. However, when using Moveo's integration as an agent within Zendesk and through the API client established in chat, Moveo's AI capabilities will only be utilized when a ticket has already been created.
In order for the Zendesk chat to result in a conversation that includes one or more Moveo brains, and also creates a Zendesk ticket, you need to perform the following steps on the Zendesk side:
Go to Admin Center > Channels > Web Widget (Classic) and enable the Chat setting.
Go to Settings > Widget > Forms and turn on the Pre-chat form.
You can also require the user to select a specific department in the pre-chat form, where they will still have the option to go straight to a live agent, if they choose a department that is not linked to Moveo. For example, if a user selects the Marketing department, Moveo handles the conversation, if they select the Customer Support EN one, the conversation goes to a live agent.
Always have at least one agent with Online status in Zendesk support. This agent can be either one of your live agents, or Moveo.
Handover not working
You might find out that a handover does not occur in Zendesk, even if you have done the correct steps in the dialog. This might be the case when you are making the handover immediately when the dialog starts. Try to insert a pause before the handover action.